In an effort to improve user engagement and creator expression, Instagram has added a series of new options to the Reels feature. For example, the latest Instagram update increases the duration of the reels to 90 seconds from the previous limit of 60 seconds. And while Instagram creators will have more time to express their creative intentions, users will be able to consume a larger chunk of content. But that’s just one of the many new features available in the latest Instagram update. Here’s everything new to Instagram Reels:
From today you can:
Add polls, quizzes and emoji sliders like in Stories
Create roles with existing templates
Make rolls up to 90 seconds https://t.co/BR902jC9g6 pic.twitter.com/oHF52g2IUo
— Instagram (@instagram) June 2, 2022
Top 5 New Instagram Reels Features in 2022
1. 90 seconds of rolling: Instagram Reels can take up to 90 seconds or a minute and a half. This was previously 60 seconds. So you can now make longer rolls. Nowhere near the current Tiktok duration of 10 minutes, but the Meta brand is getting there.
2. polls: With these new stickers on Reels you can get your audience’s opinion on any question or topic that drives you.
3. Emoji Slider: You can measure how the audience likes your content via an emoji slider.
4. Quizzes: For more viewer engagement, you can now put a quiz on the reels.
5. Templates: It’s a feature that allows you to reuse an older Reel format, but with newer material.
All of these new features from Reels will be rolled out to Instagram users starting June 2, 2022. So check out the latest Instagram Reels and try to create your own Reels on Instagram now with these features.
In addition, other new Instagram features have recently been introduced such as Suggested Reels, Instagram Video Clip Tools, Instagram Audio Sync, Reel Scheduling from the Desktop, Amber Alerts, and a new font.
As for other news, reviews, article stories, buying guides, and anything else technology-related, keep reading Digit.in.