We are very excited to announce the launch of the Social Health Network! The Social Health Network is a community for patients, caregivers and healthcare professionals with the aim of bringing empathy, support and humanity to the healthcare sector. Learn more about the Social Health Network and all of its incredible benefits, such as networking opportunities, free online courses, a weekly newsletter, and more.
What is social health?
We define social health as the dynamic, real-time action people take to find meaningful connections and share information that impacts the health journey. Our extensive research into social health and the patient experience, and our ongoing partnerships with patient leaders, has given us the perfect opportunity to launch the Social Health Network – a community for patients, caregivers and healthcare professionals dedicated to providing empathy, support and humanity for healthcare .
“Social health is sharing our stories to support each other. It reminds us that we are not alone in our struggle.” – Social Health Network member Gabrielle
What is the Social Health Network?
The Social Health Network is a community for patients, caregivers and healthcare professionals with the aim of bringing empathy, support and humanity to the healthcare sector. The Social Health Network provides free online resources, panels, networking events and paid opportunities to amplify the voices of our health leaders – a combination of patient leaders and healthcare professionals.
We hope to expand the online resources, patient panels, networking events and patient partnerships to amplify the voice of the patient in this community more than ever before.
What are the advantages of the network?
- Online courses
- Webinars and discussions with patient leaders
- Monthly Advocacy Resources
- Weekly newsletter for patient leaders
- Virtual Networking Events
- Patient Leader Panels
- Training calls and webinars
- Private Facebook group
- Insight Surveys
- Social media campaigns
- speaking engagements
- Item features
- Earn points and exchange them for rewards on the platform
Social Health Awards and Connexion
The Social Health Awards, formerly known as the WEGO Health Awards, are launched to honor patient leaders from all platforms. The Social Health Awards are divided into four distinct phases:
Learn how the Social Health Award program works.
Connexion is Health Union’s annual conference to recognize and celebrate our patient leaders. This event is for our contracted individuals and finalists of the Social Health Award.
Pillars members will see changes
Branding & Communication:
- Invitation to the Social Health Network platform for opportunities, resources and events
- Weekly newsletter of the Social Health Network on Tuesday mornings (opt-out possible)
- Ongoing email alerts for opportunities you may be suitable for (able to unsubscribe)
- New faces in the Facebook group – rebranding and inviting WEGO patient leaders to join the social health network Facebook
Pillars changes that members DO NOT see
Changes WEGO members will see
Branding & Communication:
- Coming soon: complete brand overhaul, more opportunities and events
- *NEW Facebook Group: WEGO Group will close on July 15th – stay tuned for weekly invites to join our new Social Health Network group
Changes WEGO members DO NOT see
- Loss of Compensated Opportunities, Resources, and Connectivity
- The loss of perks (all the good things are here to stay!)
- A unified profile between their HU sites and Social Health Network platform (in the making!)
We are excited to bring the members of WEGO and Pillars together as one powerful community made up of compassionate, patient leaders like you. Keep an eye on your inbox for networking opportunities and updates from the Social Health Network. We are so grateful for this community and look forward to this next chapter.
For additional questions about the Social Health Network, please contact us at [email protected]