The MLS returns this weekend with another run of games as the Philadelphia Union takes on FC Cincinnati in an Eastern Conference clash at Subaru Park on Saturday.
Philadelphia Union vs FC Cincinnati preview
FC Cincinnati currently sits eighth in the MLS Eastern Conference standings and has not been at its best this season. The away team suffered a 4-3 loss against CF Montreal last month and will have to recover in this game.
Philadelphia Union, on the other hand, is currently ranked second and has been impressive so far this year. The hosts were held to a 1-1 draw by New England Revolution in their previous game and will step it up a notch this weekend.
Philadelphia Union vs FC Cincinnati Head-to-Head and Key Figures
- Philadelphia Union has an excellent track record against FC Cincinnati, winning five of the seven games between the two teams without losing a single game.
- Philadelphia Union have conceded only one goal in their last six games against FC Cincinnati and have a total score of 7-0 in their three home games so far.
- Philadelphia Union lost only one of their last 22 games in the regular season, but were tied to a draw in six of their last eight games in the competition.
- After an impressive four-game streak, FC Cincinnati has lost their last two games and conceded at least three goals in each of those two games.
- Philadelphia Union have conceded just 10 goals in their 14 MLS games so far this season – the lowest of any team in the league.
- FC Cincinnati’s Luciano Acosta has contributed to at least one goal in each of his last seven games in the MLS – the longest streak so far this season.
Philadelphia Union vs FC Cincinnati Prediction
Philadelphia Union have an excellent squad at their disposal and have a brilliant track record in this game. The hosts have stepped up to the plate so far and will look to maintain their momentum this year.
FC Cincinnati has struggled in the past in this game and has a lot of work to do this month. Philadelphia Union is the better team on paper and will have the upper hand this weekend.
Forecast: Philadelphia Union 4-2 FC Cincinnati
$50 Risk Free Bet + Up to $1,000 Deposit Match at DraftKings SB
Philadelphia Union vs FC Cincinnati . Betting Tips
Tip 1: Result – Philadelphia Union
Tip 2: Game to have more than 2.5 goals – Yes
Tip 3: Philadelphia Union to Score First – Yes
Tip 4: Luciano Acosta to score – Yes
Edited by Aditya Hosangadic