ADVERTISEMENT

Regé Jean-Page says Bridgerton’s return rumors are nonsense

ADVERTISEMENT

Hear you, you hear! London-born viewer Regé Jean-Page will not return to Bridgerton, according to the actor himself.

Rege Jean Page

Source: PATRICK T. FALLON/AFP via Getty Images/Getty

Bridgerton fans had their underpants all together this week as rumors circulated about the beloved handsome heartthrob’s return to the ShondaLand show. Since his departure after the first season, fans hoped Page would mount his trusty steed and gallop back to his role as Simon Basset, aka the [D-Dropping] Duke Of Hastings For Season 3

Regé Bae spotted spending time with cast:

Regé Jean-Page, who initially only agreed to do the show for the first season, has been busy and booked with new projects such as Paramount Pictures Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves will premiere in 2023 and Netflix’s The Gray Man with Ryan Gosling, steaming later this month All fans under the sound of the Queen’s voice were inspired this past week as Regé looked pretty neat on the streets of Milan, Italy, with none other than his former co-star/this season of Bridgerton’s lead role, Jonathan Bailey. Talks of a royal return buzzed among Regency-era romance fans.

Regé says return rumors are nonsense:

But when the Duke of Hastings settled the rumors of His Highness’s return, bad news rang out throughout the kingdom. The dashing duke, Regé, broke hearts around the world when he took to Instagram with a photo of the two gentlemen to state the facts – and deny that he’s coming back.

“The boys are back in town. [heart emoji]’ he said during his meeting in Milan with Bailey. “(No, I’m not going back to the show, by the way — the papers made that up.) But we had the best and classiest catch up I’ve had in a while with some truly excellent Italian coffee and sunshine.” He wrote.

Shonda Rhimes said “Sorry Spinsters” but Simon’s time is up:

If you previously touched on the reaction of fans to Rege’s departure, let’s see creator Shonda Rhimes likened the reaction to the deaths of some of her other characters.

“I was really shocked because that’s usually what happens when I kill someone who’s been around for a while,” Rhimes said. Vanity Fair† “Like, we didn’t kill him, he’s still alive!”

Skeptical of how Simon Bassset’s storyline could progress, she continued;

“I don’t know if I expected such a big explosion, since every book [in the Bridgerton series] is another romance. What would be the eternal of this combo? I mean, really: what would Regé-Jean do, you know what I mean? We gave them happily ever after!”

Rege’s Closing reaction is still about where:

Upon his departure from the series, Regé bid farewell to fans of his character with a message calling it an “honour” to play the Duke.

“It was an absolute pleasure and privilege to be your duke. Join this family – not only on screen, but also off screen. Our incredibly creative and generous cast, crew, outstanding fans – it’s all more than I could have imagined. The love is real and will only grow.”

It seems that fans of the 34-year-old Londoner will just have to fangirl his other projects for now. The Gray Man, starring Ryan Gosling and Chris Evans, will be available to stream exclusively on Netflix from July 15, 2022.

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT