A 24-year-old New South Wales man has been charged with the murder of 42-year-old Glenn Walewicz.
Most important points:
- Four people have now been charged in connection with the alleged murder of Glenn Walewicz
- Mr Walewicz was shot dead at the entrance of his home in Philip in June 2021
- The man did not ask for bail
Mr Walewicz died after being shot while opening the front door of his Philip home in June last year.
The man from Baradine, in northern New South Wales, was extradited to the ACT on Thursday.
He appeared in court today via video link, where he was charged with murder and trespassing with intent to harm someone.
A lawyer representing him said he would not request bail.
Members of Mr Walewicz’s family were present in court today as the man was charged.
Today’s arrest is the fourth in connection with the alleged murder.
An 18-year-old Page man has also been charged with murder, Reatile Ncube, 19, has been charged with complicity in murder and Nicole Williams, 38, has been subsequently charged with complicity.
Police said they tracked down the suspects by scanning hours of security camera footage from the area of the crime.
All four suspects are behind bars and will face court again in the coming months.
Posted † updated