Stojadin Krstic: Henderson man pleads not guilty to alleged assault of two teens


The man accused of repeatedly raping two homeless girls in a hotel donga in south Perth has denied all charges and wants to be released before trial.

Stojadin Krstic, 56, was in court Friday for allegedly atrociously sexually assaulted two girls, ages 17 and 19, after they were allegedly found with him in a Ship and Dock Inn motel room in Henderson.

He has been in custody ever since and pleaded not guilty to 10 charges on Friday via a video link from Hakea Prison.

Your local newspaper, whenever you want.

Mr Krstic’s lawyer Nicholas Van Hattem told Fremantle Magistrates Court that his client also wants to apply for bail once a problem with his home address can be resolved.

Mr Van Hattem said Mr Krstic “strongly denies all charges” and pleaded not guilty to take the case to court.

The 10 charges include five counts of unauthorized sexual penetration, two counts of deprivation of liberty and two counts of unlawful and indecent assault.

During the court’s first hearing on March 8, police prosecutors claimed a disturbing chain of events had begun just over 24 hours earlier, in which Mr Krstic approached young and vulnerable women in the Northbridge and CBD areas.

The prosecutor said Mr Krstic offered the two homeless girls shelter, along with food and alcohol, but when they arrived in Henderson, he allegedly assaulted them.

One of the two teenage girls reportedly called triple-0 begging for help and during the disturbing phone call, which lasted about 20 minutes, the girls were told “screaming and crying,” the court was told.

“I’m in the bathroom, my girlfriend is being raped and she has asked me to call you,” the girl is said to have said.

“Please, please, I can’t stand this. † † please, please stop attacking my girlfriend, she is crying.”

When officers arrived, they reportedly found the two girls screaming hysterically and partially clothed and had injuries consistent with assault.

The teens were taken to hospital for treatment and Mr Krstic was taken into custody by the Sex Assault Squad and later charged with the alleged assault.

In Fremantle Magistates Court on Friday, Mr Krstic reiterated adamant pleas of not guilty to every charge read to him by Magistrate Adam Hills-Wright.

Mr Krstic will appear before the Perth Magistrates Court on 9 August.

If you have been or have been the victim of sexual abuse, or if you have information about someone who is being abused, please contact the police on 131 444.