Intro BonusIntro Offer: Earn 50,000 Bonus Points when you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases within the first 120 days of account opening.
April17.49% – 25.49% (variable)
- 4X points on trips, gas stations and EV charging stations.
- 2X points on streaming services.
- 2X points at supermarkets, grocery delivery and dining.
- 1X point on all other eligible purchases.
Annual contribution$0 introductory annual fee for the first 12 months, then $95
Intro Purchase APRN/A
Balance transfer feeEither 3% of the amount of each transfer or a minimum of $5, whichever is greater
Balance transfer APR17.49% – 25.49% (variable)
Foreign transaction costsN/A
Rewards and Redemption Details
The US Bank Altitude Connect card has a lot to offer its cardholders. The rewards are lucrative and cover a nice variety of travel purchases, it’s relatively inexpensive and comes with a handy selection of perks.
It does, however, have a $95 annual fee, but the rewards make it relatively easy to cover. If you were to use the card only for gasoline and ignore the other bonus categories, consumers would have to spend at least $2,500 at the pump.
If that sounds expensive, keep in mind that gas prices are currently around $4.60 a gallon. The average American household could spend more than $5,000 on gas this year, which would mean you have $200 in your pocket with this card. That’s a few tanks of gas you don’t have to worry about.
And again, keep in mind that the card earns rewards for groceries, streaming, restaurants, and rental cars, among other things. So if you use the card for everything, it’s even easier to cover the costs. In addition, you do not have to worry about costs for the first year with the card.
In addition to its lucrative rewards program, it’s a Visa Signature card, so it includes some useful protections, plus a $30 annual streaming credit and Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application fee credit. If you’re looking for a strong general travel card, or just want to earn some cash back at the pump, you could do a lot worse than the US Bank Altitude Connect.
- 5x points per dollar for prepaid hotels and rental cards booked through the Altitude Rewards Center
- 4x points per dollar for gasoline
- 2x points for shopping, dining and streaming
- Visa signature protection
- Credit for Global Entry/TSA PreCheck Application Fee
- $30 streaming credit
- No foreign transaction costs
- Annual contribution
- Minimum Redemption of $25